Celebrate your marriage with a UNESCO Cultural Heritage tradition
This plan icludes video movie, hair make up,and exclusive Noh performance together with Hayashi (live music in ancient Japanese style) besides Noh Wedding Basic contents.
Noh is a style of stage drama that emerged in Japan’s Muromachi period (1336-1573), which employs the use of distinctive masks and centers around choreographed dance and music. It is thought to be the world’s oldest dramatic tradition and has been designated a UNESCO Cultural Heritage.
Covered by a roof, the Noh stage is roughly five meters by five meters square. It is open on three sides, with the fourth made up of a backdrop featuring a large painting of Japanese matsu, or pines. Since these pines are believed to attract the divine spirits, the Noh stage is considered protected by their presence. All aspects of the setting and action of the scene are created without props, tools, or rigging. Noh performances rely entirely on the chants and movements of the actors, their masks and costumes, and the performance of the orchestra. By pruning away the superfluous, the beauty of Noh lies in its minimalism and simplicity,
With our Noh Wedding plan, you can have your wedding ceremony on the mystical and pedigreed Noh stage. Stroll the hashigakari corridor from backstage and make your entrance with the elegance of a master performer coming onstage while being joyously serenaded. To honor the traditional elements of this ceremony, the most highly formal uchikake style kimono with over-robe and skirt train is standard here.
After the ceremony, you can take in a Noh performance while dining on washoku, traditional Japanese cuisine and Japanese sake.
- Airfare to Japan, and transport to the venue are not included in the plan, so please make arrangements on your own or with a travel service.
- Lodging is not included in the plan, so please make arrangements on your own. Once you have officially registered with us, we would be happy to direct you to a nearby hotel.
- Although the ceremony is held on a traditional Noh stage, vows are conducted in a civil ceremony style, and will not conflict with any religious affiliation or creed. All are welcome.
Noh costumes cannot be worn during the ceremony, but a separate Noh performance experience can be arranged if desired. We can provide more detailed information once you have officially registered with us.
- After the ceremony, you can watch a Noh performance, but please understand that it will be an abridged, short version that highlights the best scenes from a play; otherwise, Noh plays are extremely long and complex.
- If guests will attend the ceremony, a meal surcharge will be added according to the number of guests.